Stir-Fried Chicken with Lime and Coconut
3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts halves
juice of 2 limes
4 t. olive oil
2 red Serrano chilies, seeded and finely chopped
1 (14 oz.) can coconut milk (find lite if possible)
4 t. fish sauce
8 scallions, chopped
2/3 cup chopped cilantro
cooked jasmine or short grain rice
Cut the chicken into bite size pieces. In a medium bowl, combine the chicken and lime juice. Stir well and let marinate for 1 hour( I did about 15 minutes and it was fine).
In wok or large skillet, heat the oil over high heat. Add the chicken and stir fry the chicken 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Add the chilies and stir fry 1 minute more. Add the coconut milk, fish sauce, half the green onions and half the cilantro. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes more. Serve with rice, sprinkling the remaining green onions and cilantro over top. Serves 4
2 comments:
This looks really good, but I am gagging over the words fish sauce. Does the sauce smell bad? This brings back horrible flashbacks of when I was pregnant with Bailey and the housekeepers at Summit Watch would warm up their fish soup in the microwave and the smell would waft down the hall from the breakroom into my office and I would throw up daily as soon as I smelled it.
The sauce in the bottle has fish smell of course but once you add it to the coconut milk or anything else you cook you can't smell anything, just gives a little something in the background flavor. Just don't smell th bottle when you open it.
Post a Comment