Today was nice, the perfect temp- 72! Much nicer than the two previous cold days! Barbecue Sandwiches have been on my mind.
The Menu:
Barbecue Beef Sandwiches - "The Best!!- no, really!!)
Baked Beans
Corn-on-the Cobb
Watermelon
Chips
Smore's
* I usually make a macaroni salad or potato salad, but I had made both recently and just didn't feel like making it again- much to the disappointment of the boys I soon found out.
I have made many a barbecue pork or beef sandwiches but this is the recipe best and I have thrown all others away and, it is done in the slow-cooker and still tastes good! (slow-cookers, crock-pots, whatever the name is- I really want to like them but I don't for the most part, but that is another story).
The Best Barbecue Sandwich
3 to 4 lbs beef chuck roast or pork shoulder roast
12 oz. coca cola (not diet)
1 cup favorite barbecue sauce
1/4 cup honey
2 T. Franks Red Hot Sauce
Spray slow-cooker with vegetable spray (always for easy clean-up). Place roast in slow-cooker and pour coca cola over top and cook on the lowest setting- at least 10 hours and let it go.
About an hour before serving shred the meat. I just take two forks and shred it right in the pot. Add the barbecue sauce, honey and hot sauce (don't be afraid of the hot sauce, I promise it won't make it hot at all, just adds a nice depth of flavor). Let it finish simmering for the next hour to meld the flavors. Serve on your favorite hamburger buns. 10- 12 servings.
-leftovers freeze very well!
Really, Really Good! I promise.
-Lisa
No comments:
Post a Comment