Monday, December 22, 2008

Hot Chocolate




I love Hot Chocolate! However, I really love GOOD Hot Chocolate. My tastes have changed and nothing I can purchase in the store will do, they are too weak tasting for me. Most of the Hot Chocolate mixes I have made from scratch have not been that great either. My indulgence is to make a batch of good chocolate ganache and keep it in the frig and scoop from it when I need a rich creamy Hot Chocolate adding hot milk too it. Oh boy, nothing beats that!!! 

It is not always the economical way to enjoy Hot Chocolate so I have found a mix recipe that is pretty dang good. I believe I got from Cook's Illustrated magazine. Easy to make- delicious!

Best-Ever Hot Cocoa Mix

3 cups non-fat dry milk
2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 cup Dutch processed cocoa powder*
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
1/4 t. salt

Combine ingredients in a large bowl.  Working in two batches, pulse ingredients in food processor until chocolate is finely ground. Store in airtight container for up to 3 months. Makes 20 servings.

To make Hot Cocoa, stir 1/3 cup mix to 1 1/4 cup hot milk.

*must used Dutch processed cocoa powder for  great taste!


No comments: