This is a once a year recipe that we make. It is so rich so you know what that means..
Also just to let you know, I seldom ever buy canned "cream of whatever" soups. I am against them on principle alone and was hesitant when I first found this recipe. But we absolutely love it! But again only a once a year splurge. Definitely a family favorite.
Shrimp and Cream Cheese Chowder
1 (8 oz) cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
1 cup chopped green onions
2 (10 oz.) cans cream of potato soup
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can cream-style corn
2-3 cups milk
1 lb. cooked shrimp
1-2 t. seafood seasoning, "Old Bay" brand is the one I use.
In a 5 quart soup pot slowly melt the cream cheese and butter over low heat. Then add the green onions ad simmer 5 to 7 minutes. Next stir in the two cans of soup, the two cans of corn and simmer for 15 mintues. Then add 2 cups of milk. Add more to get the soup to the consistency that you desire. Right before serving stir in the shrimp and the seafood seasoning and heat until bubbly. 4 to 6 servings.
Feel free to indulge!
No comments:
Post a Comment