Sunday, July 8, 2012

Pantry Challenge

Just started looking for a new, second refrigerator- I am looking for a cheap freezerless refrigerator- I can't imagine not having one, especially since the refrigerator we have in the kitchen is so tiny for a family of six- don't get me started...

One of my favorite websites that helps me stay grounded in my "gourmet" world is is goodcheapeats.com. This month FishMama has challenged her readers to cook out of the pantry, frig and freezer. She does this every July and January, to clean out the pantry and have the chance to go through the freezer and defrost it. My freezer is in desperate need of this so I am taking this challenge to heart.

Like FishMama I went out to take inventory of my freezer:

Apparently we love pork in all forms!
I went and took a look at my pantry for a refresher and now it's time to create my weekly menus! This will be a crazy week, Austin has football "two-a-days" which means 6-8 in the morning and 6-8 in the evening and Aidan has golf camp- so I want to keep it simple. This is what I am cooking for dinner this week:

Red Beans & Rice
Skillet Potato & Eggs
Spaghetti
Mexican Stir-Fry
Skillet Pizza's

Watch for recipes to come!

-Lisa



No comments: