![]() |
| Rachael Ray's Vegetable Soup w/Pesto Butter |
I originally planned to use my small potatoes from my pantry for "Skillet Potatoes with Eggs"- but this "Vegetable Soup with Pesto Butter" would not leave my mind. The idea of all those summer vegetables and a PESTO BUTTER haunted me all day. PLUS, I could make it in the slow cooker and not stand over a hot skillet. One problem though, no meat- me I could care less- the men in the house.. would care!
I took the chance and went for it. The PESTO BUTTER saved the day! Michael wouldn't eat it, opted for leftover chili dogs- bleh! The boys were good sports though. They were not thrilled, but they know by now to make a go of anything I make, because they are willing to take one for the team! Love my boys!!
Here is my review: Would I make it again? Yes, but with changes. The soup would be pretty blah with out the PESTO BUTTER. Love the PESTO BUTTER- can you tell?! Next time, I would saute the onions and maybe even the potatoes before adding them to the slow cooker. I would dice the potatoes even smaller than recommended because it took foreveeeer for the potatoes to cook through- 4 hours on HIGH! Yeesh! Also this is where it would be ideal to use a good quality chicken stock- not the stuff in the can- it will work, shoot that is what I used- but it could have been better.
I LOVE vegetables, so I am eager to do it again with my changes. Did my boys like it? They said it was okaaaay- thank goodness for that PESTO BUTTER or they would have not eaten it at all.
Enjoy!
-Lisa

No comments:
Post a Comment