Balsamic Vinegar is a favorite condiment at out house and we all love balsamic vinaigrette on salads. Last night I just threw together a spinach salad for dinner and as I was making it I realized that I seldom buy salad dressing in a bottle anymore. We do love a light ranch that I buy at certain store where we live from time to time, but really I just make vinaigrette's. This recipe is from Real Simple magazine. The honey makes it a kind of thicker vinaigrette that the family really enjoys. I double the recipe listed below.Real Simple Balsamic Vinaigrette
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
2 T. balsamic vinegar
1 T. honey
1 T. coarse-grain dry mustard (I just used my Grey Poupon Dijon out of the frig)
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. freshly ground black pepper
2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved.
Whisk in a bowl or place ingredients in a small jar with tight fitting lid. Cover and shake vigorously. Leave the garlic in the dressing until ready to use, then remove and discard it.
No comments:
Post a Comment