Saturday, January 3, 2009

Broiled Ham Steak with Mustard Glaze

The first time I made this recipe I could not find traditional ham steaks at the store and ended up buying 2 (22 oz.) packages of Hillshire Farm Brown Sugar Ham Steaks, each package had 4 thick slices of bone-in ham and it worked perfectly for our family. This year I could not find either, so I remembered Sue from church told me that the best ham was a Hormel Cure 81 ham.  So I bought a small bag of presliced ham for almost $6 a pound..ouch..but you know what? It is good!  Anyway these were thin slices so I knew I had to be careful. But what is great about this recipe is that you put the glaze on, put it under the broiler for a minutes, turn them over, glaze again, cook for a few minutes and voila they are done. Easy, Easy! Every time I make this Michael and the kids exclaim that this is the best ham ever. Okay I will take that.. easy and great- that is what I am all about!

Broiled Ham Steak with Mustard Glaze

1 center cut ready to eat ham steak
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
2 t. dry mustard
2 T. vinegar

Place ham in a sprayed shallow pan. Combine brown sugar and mustard. Mix in vinegar; spread over ham. Broil ham under moderate heat until slightly browned; turn, baste and brown second side until lightly browned. Serves 4

No comments: