This year we had planned to share New Years Eve with friends, but as most of you know Alyssa is in the recovering stage of pneumonia and the doctor advised us from having anyone over. It was a bummer, especially for Alyssa. Even though it was not as we planned we still enjoyed a nice quiet evening together. When I thought we were having company we were planning to have Tiny Spicy Chicken, Fried Rice, Simple Lo Mein, Asian Salad and Egg Rolls. I stuck with the menu for the most part, but made just enough for us.
I am including the recipe for the Tiny Spicy Chicken and the Lo Mein, but I do not have pictures of the Lo Mein and Fried Rice. I had used the rest of a bottle of premium Japanese dark soy sauce and I forgot that using the dark soy really turns everything a dark brown. They still tasted great, but did not look too appetizing. The Fried Rice recipe is just something I throw together, so there is no real recipe, but I did learn years ago that if you mix soy sauce with oyster sauce you get a nice deep flavor to the fried rice that you would not get if you just use soy sauce. Delicious!
The recipe for Tiny Spicy Chicken comes from my good friend Brenda. I have adapted it to fit my lazy way of cooking at times. Sort of tastes like Boneless Buffalo Chicken wings. This is a family favorite and the kids would eat it all the time, but really we eat it about every other month. I just can't cook too repetitiously ..I don't know why...
Tiny Spicy Chicken
1 large bag of frozen batter dip chicken nuggets (not the bread crumb kind)
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing sauce
Bake frozen chicken nuggets according to package directions. Meanwhile combine brown sugar and wing sauce in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer until sugar is dissolved. When chicken is done, place the chicken in large sprayed baking dish. Pour wing sauce over top and stir to combine. Return to oven and cook 10 more minutes stirring half way in between. This helps the sauce to adhere and coat the the chicken thoroughly.
Soo good!
2 comments:
Is this the chicken you made when Juliana and Bryan came over for dinner when we were out there last summer?
Yes it was!
Post a Comment