Monday, January 5, 2009

Sweet and Spicy Kielbasa

thanks Alyssa for taken a pic why mom was gone!


We love kielbasa at our house, pork, turkey, smoked sausage, you  name it, we love it. This is one of our favorite ways to prepare it. This is even a crock pot recipe. For my family I have to almost double the recipe or there will be a fight. We serve this with a broccoli salad and my oatmeal rolls.

Sweet and Spicy Kielbasa

2 lbs. kielbasa, cut into 2 to 3 inch chunks
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
6 T. spicy mustard
1 onion, sliced

Put kielbasa and onions in sprayed crock pot. Combine brown sugar and mustard and pour over kielbasa. Cook for 3-4 hours on HIGH, stirring occasionally. Suppose to make 6 servings.

4 comments:

Cindy Cook said...

Thnank you! This looks like something even I can handle!

Cindy Cook said...

Okay - I have this in tehe crockpot as we speak! I made the pork tenderloin with a lemon butter caper sauce the other night and the kids loved it! Please keep sending the easy recipes my way!

Cindy Cook said...

Okay, reading my past two posts, I realize I my typing is terrible. Okay, the kielbasa turned out good! Bailey said it was good, but didn't rave to much about it. Jake took a bite, swallowed it down. I asked him if he liked it and he told me to wait a second. He then ran for the bathroom and I thought he was going to throw up. Instead he closed the door and screamed at the top of his lungs, then he came out and told me that meant it was good and he liked it! Strange kid.

Lisa Rice said...

Well can Jake come to my house then..that would be fun!