Almost every Saturday we eat out as a family. I would love to tell you that we try some new cool restaurant every week, that does happen once in awhile, but kids being kids, and adults being, uh, kids, we just want a good hamburger and go to our favorite hamburger joint. Our favorite local joint is Burger Supreme. We have gone there so often over the years that all the employees know us by our first names, even the owner! I am not sure if that is good or bad!? They even know what our favorite orders are! One day, along time ago, I went through the drive-thru to pick up a burger after work and Jennifer, the cashier said to me "You want to dine in? Michael is here having lunch." I was like "yikes, we must eat here too much if they know me that well". Of course, I did not say that, but went and parked my car and joined Michael for lunch.
There are perks to knowing the employees, but that's a story for another day!
Last Saturday though, we broke our normal routine and went to the Maize Grill for some Venezuelan cuisine. We love supporting our local restaurants- especially when they have good food! Alex and I had been there before and loved it, so we wanted Michael and the boys to try it too! It's a tiny place, in the mall actually, but the owner and staff are so friendly and the food is simple but really good!
If you live in town and want to go, make sure you get anything with the beef in it. Fabulous! As Michael was eating, he kept saying between mouthfuls, this is so good, over and over!
 |
The big boys watched soccer why we waited, Aidan's eyes were glued on the cook most of the time!
|
-Lisa
No comments:
Post a Comment