In the summer I always make a main dish salad once a week. Sometimes this is not easy to pull off with four constantly hungry guys in the house, but once I tell them there is some meat in the salad they all start to relax. I personally could leave the meat out, but when it's the main course, I have to include some meat or they will all be starving in an hour.
This recipe for Southwest Chicken Chop Salad is from a new food website I found a few months ago called Lauren's Latest. Here is the link to the recipe. The recipe comes with a really great dressing that is easy to make, but I, having a salad dressing issue in general, used just enough of the dressing to barely coat the salad. In fact I would recommend halving the recipe of the dressing and I think that would still give one more dressing that is needed, but maybe that is just me (If I am going to have extra calories it's going to come from CHOCOLATE, not salad dressing, if you know what I mean).
This is a keeper.
Stay tuned, tomorrow I will try my new kitchen toy out- wait and see. Also blueberry pie?? Maybe, it is going to be hottest day of the year so far and I am seriously debating whether I really want to heat my kitchen up tomorrow. And, another attempt at trying to love my crock-pot, or slow-cooker, "slow-cooker"sounds better right?!
-Lisa
No comments:
Post a Comment