Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Spaghetti Sauce
Once a week we have pasta at our house. I love that it provides a blank canvas to create from. Maybe once a month, or more like every other month, we actually top our pasta with spaghetti sauce.
Years ago, I found the best recipe for spaghetti sauce at food.com. It's called Jo Mama's World Famous Spaghetti Sauce. I am always a bit hesitant when a recipe says "world famous", "to die for" etc., - so many times I have been disappointed but not with this one. It is super, fantastic! I kid you not!
I have only made one change to the recipe and that is to replace the 1/4 cup red wine with 1/4 cup grape jelly. I know that might sound weird, but trust me on this. I am not sure what it tastes like with the wine, but the grape jelly adds a hint of sweetness and cuts the acidity that one sometimes tastes with tomato sauces. The grape jelly will just melt right in and flavor the sauce.
This recipe make a huge amount, which is okay for me. I can get 3 or 4 meals out of the sauce (depending on many kids are living at home at the time). I just bag up the sauce in quart-size freezer bags and pop right into the freezer. Having the spaghetti sauce on hand like this is a dinner time saver and tastes nothing like you would find in a jar.
-Enjoy!
Lisa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment